Additional Information

for planning your upcoming event


Dorsett House Alcohol Policy

Dorsett House does not have an ABC license, and, therefore, cannot provide your alcohol. You are welcome to provide the alcohol for your event.  There will be no bar bill from Dorsett House. If you elect to supply your own alcoholic beverages, wine, and beer, you are responsible for all ingredients that go in the glass. Dorsett House requires a licensed bartender is present during the event.
If you do not plan to make use of a Licensed Bar service, we require that you obtain a “Limited Special Occasion Permit”. You can find the detail and application at the following link:


A LIMITED SPECIAL OCCASION PERMIT  authorizes the permittee to bring fortified wine and spirituous liquor onto the premises of a business, with the permission of the owner of that property, and to serve those alcoholic beverages to the permittee’s guests at a reception, wedding, party or other special occasion being held there. The permit may be issued to any individual other than the owner or possessor of the premises. An applicant for a limited special occasion permit shall have the written permission of the owner or possessor of the property on which the special occasion is to be held. Complete an Application for Limited Special Occasion Permit and submit with the $50 fee.
If you elect to obtain a Limited Special Occasion Permit, you must provide Dorsett House with a copy of the Permit.

Additionally, Dorsett House requires that you obtain “Event Insurance” through your personal insurance agent. If alcohol is to be served, alcohol liability must be added.